Change Halloween to the Last Saturday of October - DUMB IDEA
The Halloween retail show is a dying show, with virtually no one attending, compared to the hey day when Transworld operated it. This dying show/association is clinging to anything to bring attention back to the same group who lost the industry to massive retail giants. Guys, this isn't the way to do it! Transworld which use to operate the Halloween show back when over 10,000 people use to pack the show spending millions upon millions. Now this Halloween retail show is sadly a GHOST TOWN! But hey they want to shake it up I guess and change Halloween. The very successful Transworld Halloween and Haunt Show which has over 10,000 attendees, totally disagrees with the position of moving Halloween for multiple reasons.
Let me shed some light on why this might be the dumbest idea I've heard all year!
1) Tradition: Halloween is a tradition and every October you wait 31 days, this is part of the magic. There are books, movies, and memories soaked into the fabric of this country that Halloween is the last day of October. Changing that will ruin the holiday.
2) Trick R Treating: Only once every seven years does Halloween fall on a Saturday. This is a good thing for trick r treaters because the main reason why the industry blew us is Adults took it over. The last Saturday in October has been staked out by bars, parties, and adults to dress up and party without their young children. Moving Halloween to the last Saturday of the October will KILL Halloween for adults. The last Saturday of October is reserved for Adults. So take some notes Halloween Association ... trick r treaters own the last day of October and Adults own the last Saturday of October. Hello is ANYONE HOME? If you're part of a retail industry then you would appreciate having two different Halloween celebrations not ONE! DUH!
3) Retail: Celebrating Halloween on the last Saturday will destroy the economics of Halloween in years when the last Saturday is several days prior to the 31st. The busiest days are the last seven days of October and with this really silly change you might decrease Halloween spending by 25%. How is this a smart idea?
4) Safety: So someone please explain WHY moving Halloween to the last Saturday is going to make Halloween safer? Parents are more likely to walk with their kids and monitor them if they're not out doing the adult Halloween parties.
5) Fun: Adults created the Halloween explosion by attending haunted houses, creating adult parties, decorating their homes and much more. Give the Adults their day the last Saturday which they're already owning 110%, and by leaving things as is the Adults can also spend Halloween at home handing out candy or walking with their kids. Did anyone even consider how many fewer homes would hand out candy on Halloween if it was on Saturday? They wouldn't be home they'd be out at a party! HELLO IS ANYONE HOME?
I'm sorry but the people who run this Halloween association they're either really really DUMB, or they're just trying to get PR for their failing association. It has to be one or the other. Haunted Houses, Amusement Parks, Pumpkin Patches, Hayrides, Farmers, Corn Mazes to yes even the Halloween costume retailers would all lose with this proposal every single one! This has to be simply put the dumbest idea we've ever heard EVER!
Someone needs to call, email, write, and protest this association! If you own an attraction STOP attending their tradeshow, if you're a retailer stop supporting this group. We suggest every operator of an attraction contact this group today!
Here is a link to the change petition: https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-join-the-saturday-halloween-movement
Hauntworld visited the annual Transworld Haunted House and Halloween tradeshow. We captured the entire show on video and uploaded to the Hauntworld Youtube Channel. We go thru the entire s
The Darkness opened during the Transworld Haunted House tradeshow with a behind the screams tour. If you missed the show or the tour watch the video below which highlights a complete recap.
Go behind the scenes at Transworld Haunted House Tradeshow - Day 2 of the Set up. See a sneak peek of all the latest Haunted House props, costumes, animations and more. Watch the video bel
The Darkness haunted House announced a behind the SCREAMS tour of The Darkness Haunted House during the Transworld Haunted House Tradeshow. The Darkness will open for ONE NIGHT ONLY February 3rd
Transworld annual Haunted House - Escape Room - Christmas Attraction show is just around the corner February 2 thru 5th, 2023. This will be the biggest show in their history. Learn all the
Hauntworld recently visited the Halloween and Party Show in Las Vegas. See the latest Halloween costumes, masks, party supplies and everything between. Watch the full POV video where we go
We visited the famed 13th Floor Chicago and got a behind the scenes tour. 13th Floor Chicago featured a massive haunted house, gift store and several mini escape rooms. We go way behind th
Hauntworld takes you behind the SCREAMS at Hells Gate Haunted House near Chicago Illinois. Learn every secret as we take you thru their adventure park, haunted house, haunted trail, costume room
Hauntworld once again visited another behind the screams haunted house this time INTERNATIONAL MONSTER MUSEUM in Salem Mass. The owner John Denley gave us a full tour of the best monster
Hauntworld takes you to the best and scariest haunted houses and attractions in America. Now take a behind the SCREAMS video of FRIGHT KINGDOM in New England one of the oldest running haunts in
Icons of The Haunted Attraction Industry - Hauntworld Names the Top 10 Icons of the Haunted House Industry. See which haunted attractions currently in operation are named the ten biggest ICON haunted attractions.
Hauntworld ranks the top scary places in America to get SCARED and Scream 2022. The best and top rated haunted houses, and Halloween Attractions in America. Did we rank a haunted house near you find out by clicking on this article.
Are you ready to experience the best haunted house in America? How deep into the depths of The Darkness can you plunge before your next breath is your last? The all new Darkness Haunted House, located in Soulard, off South Broadway in downtown St. Louis, Missouri, has been rated as America's BEST haunted house.
Hauntworld ranks the top scary places in America to get SCARED and Scream 2021. The best and top rated haunted houses, and Halloween Attractions in America. Did we rank a haunted house near you find out by clicking on this article.
Hauntworld rates the top 13 best and scariest haunted houses in America. Hauntworld rates and reviews the scariest, best, longest, haunted houses and Halloween Attractions in America 2020.
Hauntworld rates the top 13 best and scariest haunted houses in America. Hauntworld rates and reviews the scariest, best, longest, haunted houses and Halloween Attractions in America 2018.
Read Review and Ratings of Headless Horseman Haunted Hayride located in New York. Headless Horseman features hayrides, haunted houses and much more.
Creepyworld Haunted Screampark is America's biggest haunted attraction with over 13 attractions including a haunted hayride. Learn more and read the review click here.
Escape From Blood Prison in Mansfield Ohio site of one of the single most famous Prisons in Hollywood History ( Ohio State Reformatory) famous of the film "The Shawshank Redemption". Now its one of the biggest scariest haunted houses in America. Read about Escape from Blood Prison!
Haunted House Review The Queen Mary's Dark Harbor is Los Angles California's biggest, scariest and most haunted real haunted house. Read the full review of this haunted attraction click here.