Trick or Treating Safety Tips for Halloween 2011
Provides Parents with Halloween Tips to make Trick or Treating safe and fun!
Trick or treating can and has been dangerous for some children if they do not take safety serious. We know trick or treating because hey our staff tricked and treated until we where 16 years old and now we take our kids. So make sure you take all of these tips serious and ensure your kids have a safe and very spooky Halloween. If you have tips you'd like to offer please let us know! Also do NOT forget to visit your local Halloween Attractions and Haunted Houses. Be sure to visit the front page of www.Hauntworld.com to find haunted houses by state, simply look for the front page map and find a haunt near you. To find pumpkin patche go to www.HalloweenAttractions.com.
HAUNTWORLD TRICK OR TREATING TIPS
1) Do not have your kids wear a costume that drags on the ground. Kids can trip on their own costumes.
2) Have kids wear a glow necklace or bracelet while they trick or treat. Have each of your kids wear a different color glow necklace so you know which one is which and who you might be missing.
3) Parents bring a flash light.
4) Do not walk in the street stay on sidewalks.
6) Make sure any masks have clear eye holes and have clear breathing holes. Have the kids double check that they can see and breathe before using at night.
7) Walk do not RUN! You'll get there you have all night!
8) If your kids bring props such as a knife or sword make sure they are flexible not hard or sharp.
9) Bring water or gatoraid in case the kids get thirsty.
10) If you plan to trick or treat far from your home make sure you park the car somewhere you can remember. Sometimes you can trick or treat for hours in a strange subdivision and bam you have no clue where you are and the kids are tired. Here is a tip... trick or treat up and down a street then jump in the car and drive over to the next set of streets. Keep the car close to where you trick or treat.
11) Do not walk up to houses that do not have lights on.
12) For the greedy kids, if you are one of the last ones out the houses will give you more candy to get rid of it!!! True! I know I've done it! It works! But make sure you don't trick or treat much past 9:30pm to 9:45pm.
13) Eat before you go out to trick or treat also make sure everyone goes to the bathroom. Demand they do the bathroom thing before you move!
14) Make sure Adults accompany the kids and again bring a flashlight.
15) Make sure any costume you buy is flame retardant. Remember those pumpkins out there with candle fire! Some costumes go up in smoke in seconds! Make sure your childs isn't one of them!
16) Stay away from homes with barking animals.
17) Bring home the haul and eat every bite after its been inspected by a parent!
Hauntworld.com is your home for everything Halloween and Haunted Houses. Have a safe and Happy Halloween!